I think America missed out when they canceled "What's Allan Watching?" back in the late 80's. It maybe the best work ever done by Eddie Murphy. It had the James Brown Story - Soul on Ice ("Did you know that it was James Brown that saw Sirhan Sirhan on the Grassy Knoll and that he found the Salk vaccine"), and Gandhi on Ice ("I am Starving for Attention"). Alas I had taped it but it has been forever lost. But enough about that, what is young Boski watching and what I think America should be watching, not in any particular order:
- The Wire
- Jimmy Kimmel
- Reno 911!
- About any thing else HBO is showing - sopranos, Six Feet Under, Curb Your enthusiasm, Deadwood (which I will watch one day), entourage (They made me enjoy a show with Kevin Dillon, boy that Spielberg is something) and etc.
- Nip/Tuck - One of the few show that every character can be unlikeable, but you still need to watch.
- CSI - Only Las Vegas, the other just suck ass. There I said it.
- 80% of what is on BBC America. The British do mystery and comedy very well. See the show that the America networks steal then destroy, here first.
- MI-5 - This show is straight butter. On A&E and worth your time.
- Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network.
- Anything with a score.
- The Simpson's
Also your Uncle Boski says run do not walk to your local Best Buy/circuit City/Crazy Eddie to get TIVO. Screw Gutenberg and the printing press, this is the greatest invention ever, ever!
Thank you for your time and please vote LaRouche in '04.