Powered By Blogger

What sucked about the Trip

  1. The Flight – that is way too much time to be cooped up, but the movies where good. Also, what ever you do not watch a Claymation movie in the rows ahead of you when you are trying to sleep, it will screw with your head.
  2. Exchange rate – Near two bucks for a Pound. That is honked up.
  3. The nice people who kept us up all night at the LSE. You are all cheaters. (Inside joke
  4. Music – I thought I would get to hear some good radio or music. This being where the the Sex Pistiols and The Clash started. Nope, while in London, we got crap. Any where there was music expect at the Airport (they had a cool kind of bar and grill that was mellow and had music videos going) it all sucked. Worst part, I lost my Westlife CD!
  5. Not enough time to see more of London – Stupid job and having to show up.
  6. What is going on – We were so busy and we did not have access to a TV for the first two week so I have no idea what they hell went on anywhere. Which is good and bad.
  7. Sports – the one thing I was really missing was what was going on in sports. Missed the last half of the Olympics and it looks like I did not miss anything. But I missed football. I tried to fill that void with their football. Watch some World Cup Qualifiers (Why do the Irish always draw the Swiss, why can’t Northern Ireland buy a goal and the English Soccer fans are the Cubs and Red Sox wrapped up into one), but by they end it was so in my head. What was the first thing I did after clearing customs; check the Broncos-Chiefs Denver 34 KC 24.


Final thoughts on trip


I had a great time and I will go back. Do I want to live there? I would have said no way before going, but now I would consider it. But I did not go during the winter. We had great weather and I come from the land of 1 and half season. Summer and not Summer. I could do summers there. Right now there is too much here to leave. I could not leave my family, friends, sports and the Wahoo’s Maui bowl. But if they put a Wahoo’s there then I may look into Flats for Let.

1 comments:

Eric XXL said...

glad to see that you are back. I was beginning to worry that you had gone all Patty Hearst and joined Sinn Fein