Powered By Blogger

From last Tuesday till now have been pretty busy, so good and some bad. We will start with the bad. Last Tuesday I had phone call from my wife telling me my Mom was in the hospital. After the initial panic we found that she was doing alright and in the ICU. She had been in since Monday night but could not talk until late afternoon Tuesday since she was vented. She had an asthma attack that really came down hard on her. She had this before, but this one came on very suddenly and like a ton of brick. So while this is happening my Mom drives herself to the ER. At which point she got to the door and passed out. The family admonished her for not calling an ambulance. That is my Mom. She did not want to have a big commotion. But she got there. After the wife and I secured the Boski Family homestead. Thank god she lives in a wonderful neighborhood, since the house was unlocked for nearly a day. The short version of the story is that my Mom had a serious attack that may have caused her heart some stress. So they had to run some test to make sure she did not suffer any heart damage. The test showed on some calcification which can be managed by diet and meds. So the Boski family breathed a sigh of relief. So my Mom will be taking it easy. Friday, after finding out the test results and getting the good news, the wife and I watch a hell break loose in Detroit. I was flipping around and came back just at the moment the cup hit Ron and the shit hit the fan. I am ashamed to say this, but I did enjoy watching what happened. I do not enjoy saying that and I did not want to see any one get hurt, but I could not help but watch the fight in Supruder Filmesque manner. The wife and I were reviewing tape and calculiating who did what and how. It kept us up for a while on Friday. Again kids I do not condone what happened and feel that everyone was wrong. So if you were giggling like school children then shame, shame on you. Saturday as we watched the aftermath of the Punchout at the Palace I went up to LA to see a high school friend on mine who I had not seen since my wedding. In fact, got to see two other guys I went to HS with who I had not seen in almost a decade. The wife and I had a great time having dinner and hanging out. Sunday, well Sunday I did something totally different. I did not watch football, well until late afternoon. The wife and I went up to Pasadena to see a friend of my wife's. I know I could have taken the option to stay at home and watch football, but I would have felt bad. So I went and had a good time, even though if I was going to be out Sunday, I should have been in Vegas. A week I watch about 25 minutes of football. I went 15 - 1. Yes you read that right 15 -1 and 11 - 6 against the spread. I was on fire. I know you do not believe me and I can understand that. I have a tough enough time believing myself most of the time. But this was a great week. The only game that I missed was Ten @ Jac. I thought that Jville was going to win, but they did not. Thanks guys for ruining my chance at immortality. But to show that I am not BSing here is what I had.

I took:
Minn and the points - A real gut check win for the Vikes. Win but did not cover.
Den and the points - Jim Haslett, I hope you are taking as much office supplies you can grab before you are canned. Win and Cover.
Bal and the points - Win and the Cover. I would have been safe with the Ravens D vs. the Cowboys.
Buf and the points - Take the Sheep outside and Martz gets even dumber. Win and Covered.
Car and the points - The Cards showing why they are the Maroon stain of the Southwest. Win and Covered.
Pit and the points - Big Ben wins again, but fashion lost thanks to Cinny's uni's. Game was as ugly as the uni's. Win but did not cover.
Ind to win, but Bears to cover - I seriously thought this would have been something close to a game, but the Colts beat the Bears stupid. I should count this a loss considering I thought the Bears would be within 7.5. Win, but no where close to covering.
N.Y.J. and the points - Wow that one looked exciting. J-E-T-S, C-O-V-E-R, COVER, COVER.
T.B. and the points - Griese, played the game with a severe bloody nose, since he is still playing so over his head. Win and covered.
Jac and the points - So close, but yet so far. I do not know if it was the Jags playing not to lose or was it the Titians last stand. Loss - No Cover - No Perfection.
S.D. and the points - The Raiders tried to win this one and could have taken the lead if Curry catches Collins pass. Win and covered.
Sea and the points - A.J. Feeley you are no David Woodley. Team Potted Meat sweats out a close one, as they take the lead in the Division no one wants to win. Win and covered.
Atl and the points - I am surprised the Giants kept it this close and had a chance to tie. Manning played better than expected, but lets wait and see if he will be a good QB. It will not be this year. That line will get him killed. Win and Covered.
Phi and the points - The Eagles put the beat down on the Skins. Who would have thought Skins fans would begin to pine for the Steve Spurrier days.
G.B. and the points - I thought this one would be a shootout, but it did not happen. The Pack are making noise and will be a team to worry about in the playoffs. Well at least in the NFC. Win but did not cover.
N.E. and the points - I am getting tied of the Pats, but maybe because I am envious. When you look at them you are not overwhelmed, but they win every week. Lets just say we need to have the New England region brought down a couple of notches. Win and covered.

So we have a record of 15 -1 straight up and 10 - 6 against the spread. I think that is going to make the numbers look a little better.

After 10 weeks of picks:
84 - 46 (64%)

57 - 62 - 3 (43.8%)



1 comments:

Eric XXL said...

Matt... my thoughts go out to you, Mom, and the whole Boski clan. Take good care of her over the holiday!