Powered By Blogger

Over the years, I have thought that I have a talent that I am not sharing with the world. A talent that should provide me with wealth beyond my wildest dream or at least the first 20 minutes of and MTV Cribs episode. It is a talent that was inspired by my man with the blogging empire Eric. Back in the carefree days of our youth. When young Eric was on loan to West Coast he told me one day out of the blue. "Matt do you know what a good name for a band would be?" I was clueless, as usual uttered "I don't know". "Power Cords from Hell" Eric then followed that up with Motor Vomit. I did not realize it at the time, but would find out that I have the gift of creating cool band names. Along with my talent for naming pets: Drinking Buddy, Phil, Marco, Tamerlane, etc. Sadly over the years I did not have the forsite to write this stuff down when it came to me. So many have been lost, lost forever. I had planned on having a web page one day that would have a page on it that was a fake venue with these amazing bands like Techincolor Yawn (Speed Metal/Reagge band) Iridescent Clam Bake (Think Haircut 100 meets Black Flag) The Greg Evigan Experience (Bread + KMFDM + Blue Oyster Cult + Captain - Tennille = awesome). You see if I can put these thoughts down. I may beat someone to the punch and get paid for coming up with band names that may put state mental health officials on edge. So I will do my best to work on providing bad college and garage punk bands names to inspire and shame them. So I salute you Eric, a true American Hero.

P.S. If any of you take Power Cords From Hell and Motor Vomit and with out written consent of MLB and Eric you will be beatened severely.

0 comments: