Powered By Blogger

Well after a hard week of defending democracy for the county from the Huns, the
Goths, the vandals and Moonies. I was off for a couple days of rest bit.

Friday night – got home from work and the Better Half and I went to dinner with a friend of mine from my day working for the Mouse. We enjoyed a nice meal and then went over to my newest shame. Indoor Lacrosse. Yes I stand before everyone bearing this new shame. I am an Indoor Lacrosse fan and I am a fan of probably the worst team in the lot. And you know what, I like it. I have never played the game but I am so enthralled by it. We may need to get a restraining order. But I watched our beloved Anaheim Storm play well, but not well enough. Everything was going great until the last three minutes where a two-goal lead disappeared and at 48 seconds any chance of overtime was stomped out. I was actually frustrated by the outcome. I feel for these guys. They do so much to keep at their dream. These players maybe be playing pro, but they are not getting rich at it. Only a couple of them are making decent money. I will say the majority of the players in the league have work during the week at real jobs. So it is fun watching them lay it all out because they love playing. I know that sounds like a cliché, but I feeling clicheish right now. So go out and support your local lacrosse team. Hell, do it to scare the NHL.

Saturday – woke up hung out caught up on some Tivo. Watched “In America”. Love the movie, but damn Jim Sheridan, could you cut some of the emotional stomach punches you throw. It is a story based on Jim Sheridan’s family’s life through the kids’ eyes. How they came to New York City, illegally, to live in high-rise flophouse, after the death of one of their children, as the father is trying to peruse an acting career. After that bit of fun we were off to meet friends for lunch. So we meet at Wahoo’s for some tasty goodness. If you do not know of Wahoo’s or not near a Wahoo’s then I feel infinite sadness for you. After lunch the wife and I just wander around the South Coast Plaza behemoth. It was nice to be chilling and not worrying about work.

Sunday – Not much read, more Tivo and ran some errands, but another pleasant day with the Better Half. I need to get going on her birthday planning. She wants to go down to S.D. for dinner at a great Mexican restaurant in Old Towne, Casa de Pico. It is a great place with great Mexican grub, and some big ass margaritas. We will crash at hotel near by and get home Sunday for Lacrosse. I have forgotten to mention that my wife is big into the lacrosse as well. She got a reason. She went to school back east. So I must get in gear. Also have to get that watch she pointed out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROYAL CROWN is the BEST cola in the entire world. I love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me SOOOOOO happy... *sigh* :)