Powered By Blogger

Finally went to see my doctor. The Better Half got tired of seeing me hobble around the house and seeing me rap my knees and ankles in ice. Got in and he took a look at me knee and let me know, "Mr. Boski, I think you need to hang up the running shoes, it looks like you have some degeneration in your knees". I am 33 years old and I felt like 63 hearing that. Look I am no Sebastian Coe, but I liked running. Even though I do not very fast or gracefully, I loved the feeling of finishing a nice run Never got that runner's high but still it made me feel that I had achieved something. Even though if you looked at me you would not know now that I do like going to the gym. I get up at 5:00 AM and go, five times a week. Oh no go ahead, I will wait till you are done laughing.

So no more running, just the bike and elipical machines from now on, along with lifting. I do not know what is more sad; that I can't go and run like I use to, or that even now I am still a better athlete than I was in High School.

Well I have to go and start looking for my Rascal. Maybe I could get it pimped out so it could be a Dizzee Rascal.

0 comments: