Powered By Blogger

Update from the Costal Table

Sorry I have been busy trying to find a job to support my QVC habit. I know, I know I should have watched that After School Special with Patrick Duffy, Jonathan Lipnicki and Princess Margaret. Look I was too busy huffing paint.

Well what is going on?

Job Front – I kicked ass yesterday, but the job is not mine yet. I still have one more person to speak to. Hell I would have hired me yesterday. Well that is at least until I got to my car where I argued with myself about pay and then insulted my self and then rescinded my own offer letter. I had to call security. I am afraid I will have to get a restraining order for myself, yet again.

Baseball – White Sox continue to amaze me. I sit here in mid July and see the Twins are 13 games back. 30 – 5 against the AL Central. Which people will say well that division sucks you got the Royals. Well I say to the AL East you got the Devil Rays and to the West the Mainers are still dwelling in the cellar. But as we get to August we will get the playoff preview. Twins, Yanks, O’s and Red Sox.

Football – it is almost here and my wife is bracing for the worst as the NFL Network will be showing 55 games in 25 days. As she watches her husband nearly O.D. on three and outs and poor special teams play.

Car – well yesterday I had to turn in the clown car. It was a sad, floppy show squeaking parting. I will miss you and the shame you brought me clown car. So does that mean the new Boskimobile is here? No not yet. I am in another car, my dream car at least till Saturday. The Better Half’s Mom who was so very kind in letting me use her car while she is out of town. I love driving this car and would be somewhere in the Central Time Zone if the radio worked. Doh! I blame the Insurance Company for being a-holes and not getting that fixed for her. Oh well, I am still driving it. I think the car may be taking out a restraining order on me. But I do have to shake myself out of my BMV haze and think about what to get next.

Music – I am still mourning the loss of the music. Some of that pain will subside when we get the big ass hard drive for Team Boski’s computer. But in the meantime I will just make due with Sirius. It is better than I imagined. To quote Captain Murphy from Sealab 2021, “it’s like a koala craping rainbows in my brain”. Also Sunday, we caught Tears for Fears at the O.C. County Fair. Yes we have a county fair in the O.C., which is very short carnie toss from the Boski compound. The Better Half and I loved it. They sounded great. For the Better Half it was a bigger deal, she saw them 20 years ago this month, at the same venue. So it was a stroll down memory lane.

0 comments: