Powered By Blogger

Well I had not thought too much about long term employment with the trip coming up. But three things today made me think about it.

1. I working a temp gig deep in the heart of the "Old Mission". It's not rocket science even thought faxing and calling vendors is such a delight. I should not complain too much. They are very nice and they have me in a office, so I can feel important. But I thought this thing would be done by this week, but it looks like this thing will take weeks. I wonder if the agency told them that I will be gone for two weeks this September. Knowing temp agencies the answer would be no.

2. Now I get a call for an interview during lunch tomorrow, working for a temp agency. Lord knows I should know how they operate, since there are only six I have not signed up with (an exaggeration, the real answer is eight). So it should be fun dressing up for an interview, without looking like I am dressed for an interview. This is one of the few times I wish it was not business casual.

3. Lastly the company I interviewed at twice for two different positions and then was told I was not the right fit, sent me an e-mail about another position. Which sounds great, but I do not think this person realizes that I was there interviewing back in July for this position. But I will see what they want. Hopefully it will not be another couple of hours of my time for nothing.

Well I must go fight the 5 and the 405. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Temping is rough. I temped in NYC (while paying a Manhattan rent, by the way -- I used to cry myself to sleep). I was so poor I'd buy a subway ticket in the morning to go to "work" and walk 80 blocks home at night using the money I saved to buy a slice of pizza.

Also, I can't wait to trashtalk the football league in the comments on our blogs. You're going down!!!

Boski93 said...

Yes, sadly Temping is not easy and unlike pimping it is not fun. Well it depends on the assignment, I have some soul crushers, but you keep moving on.

I am excited about football and the Canned Hams of Hate will roll on to . . . victory, that's it.

I going Buckhulter, Pinkston, Grossman and Winslow with my first four picks and then I am going all rookies baby! And I know Jeff George is coming out of retirement. You can not stop me, you can only call mental health professionals to contain me.