Powered By Blogger

I have realized over the years that I have two problems with the phone. It use to be three, but I have learned how to dial on my own, so I am making progress.

The first problem is I keep getting called "miss" or "Mrs." For some reason I just do not project well on the phone. I try to project but it still does not work. Here is a classic exchange:


Me: "Hello, I would like to renew my subscription to the Sporting News please"

Them "Yes miss, can we have your name and your information please?"

Me: (grumbling to self) My name is Matthew Boski and my info is blah, blah, blah"

Them: "Thank you Mrs. Boski is there anything else we can do that for you today."

Me: (simmering) Nope, not today you have been helpful.

This is something that has happened not once or twice but on numerous occasions. Nothing like that to bring you down a couple pegs. That is why I have to get that Darth Vader Voice Changer Helmet. I do not think anyone on the phone will be referring to me as Mrs. Vader.

The other problem is I do not know how to end phone calls right. I know you are laughing, it should be goodbye and then hang up. But when I am dealing with people I call for jobs, or when I am working, I just always sound like a complete dweeb. It like I just don't know when I can just say bye and hang up. I always worry that I am being rude, so I delay a little bit and thank them again. Then the person on the line thanks me. And we play an awkward game of pleasantries trying to get to a definitive finish to the call. Man, all the money spent on charm school was a waste. I never had these problems with my Fisher Price phone. I should have never thrown that thing out.

Well now we get back to the "Best of Manimal".

0 comments: