Powered By Blogger

or "Saturday Night is Alright for Game Fouring".

After a nice lie in and running some errands I began to get ready for game four. I was going thanks to my man Heffe. A good dad, husband, football coach and a hell of a guy. He had a game that afternoon which made the 5:00 game time impossible for him to make. Also he knows how much of White Sox fan I am. He was always there to give me a good ribbing back in the day. He was the other one of my friends/slash enemies I called after the Angels won the ALDS. So around four I left the humble Boski Lodge with wife. She did not have a ticket, but she wanted to go and watch the game near by so we could meet up afterwards.

So I go and pay my $20 so a spot in a lot outside of the stadium, which is only $10. Hey is this a bad omen. Also the nice weather the day before had changed to more fall. Well fall in Southern Call, breeze and clouds and we think winter here. I find my group, most ar people I have not seen in way too long. They are out tailgating watching the SC game. Apparently Saturday may have been one of those once in 100 years college football Saturdays. This tells you how much I have invested in the White Sox. I was not broken up that I did not witness much of that glorious football goodness. Even thought I did watch and enjoyed the end of the SC game. God I hate those guys, but that was a great game.

After some wonderful tacos, we get to the gate. And as we head to our seats, it seems like the Sox are doing a great reenactment of last nights first inning, by getting guys on, moving them over and then let Paulie up his price for free agencey. Another bomb and another 3 run first. The Sox were off to another fast start and great pitching performance. Although Garcia was not totally sharp he still was strong and went 9 innings and other than couple of spots he kept out of trouble. Tonight I felt better as we moved into the later innings. As soon as I saw Estaban Yan I knew we were golden. Are you telling me the Angels could not find anyone else in the farm system to take his spot. There not even a bad journeyman lefthander who could get you outs? I mean come on, what does he have on the Angels that he justifies that spot. But as the 7th ended, got a call from the BH that she was coming to the stadium to meet me. So as they Angel hopes were dashed in the 8th she made it and snuck in with her friend and we enjoyed the 9th down by the first base dugout. Not too shabby, now we sit at 3-1. I finally feel it is going our way and that we could wrap this up, but could they do it tomorrow. So the BH, our friend and I went over to grab a drink and soak in another win. Also to check scores, which to my amazement was the UCLA score. As game 4 started UCLA was down 28-7. I find out they came back and won 44 - 41. Why they hell am I not in Vegas. My teams are rolling. Man that beer was nice even with the drunk fools sitting a few tables over and the loud music, it was nice, so very nice.

One game away. One away from getting to the next and last step in ending the misery. Which seems like it could happen. But then I remember the 1986 Angels and thinking there was no way the Angels lose three in a row.

0 comments: