Powered By Blogger

Sorry everyone, but I am now back to torture you with more.

This weekend again was amazing. Saw two great World Series games, helped put up dry wall, caught up with old friends and hop nobbed with mid-level to low level entertainment personalities.

It all started Saturday morning around 5:30 AM as we got our happy slappy assess out of bed and prepared to drive to Pacomia. We were off to go build with our friends from the Habitat office in Belfast. So we drove up to the 118 where all of a sudden I forgot who I was, craved jelly bellies and wanted to slow dance with Ed Meese. Then I realized I was on the Ronald Reagan Freeway. "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that rumpus room!"

We got to the site and meet our friends and saw the first and very minor celebrity of the day. Former Mrs. John Delorean herself. Makes sense she would be here, she spent time in Belfast and she has hosted them when they have come out. But next to seeing our friends from fair Belfast city, we were lucky to have the man who founded Habitat for Humanity there. It is a shame he is no longer with HFH (a long story and one I think is B.S., but that is one man's opinion), but he still cares and if you met you could not keep him away. Such a nice and genuine person who truly is doing something wonderful.

So we got to the work at hand and I realized that thank god they have real building pros out there, because a house is not getting built with me trying to assemble anything. Today I realized that I am not a very good dry-waller, but I am not too broken up over that. But after a day of toil and a wonderful lunch we were back to the wonderful Courtyard by Marriott, which actually it was nice. We scrubbed the drywall off and got ready for the moment we, well me and the wife all had been waiting for, the World Series.

So we were off to Burbank to a spot where there Sox fans. Got to the place about 5:00 grabbed a seat and sat back and took in my first White Sox World Series game. Let me tell you it was awesome.

Notes from a demented score card:

It looked like a party atmosphere at Comiskey II - electric Bugaloo. Even though on a much smaller scale Taste Chicago had a festival feel to it.

Ah the stars are out tonight. Meshach Taylor, George Wendt, Kathy Baker and the owner of taste Chicago Joe Mantenga. I told you low to mid-level stars. Again not as glamorous as the Cubs, but we have half of the Superfans (Da Bears) and Fat Tony.

God, I hate Roger Clemens. Time to move along Roger, you have had your time. To let you know how I feel about the Rocket read this.

Jermaine, it is good to see the long ball. Opposite field, nice touch.

Chasing Clemens - I wish we could have done more damage but I hope all of the Red Sox fans out there accept this small gift.

"Oh Wandy, you came and mopped up the middle innings. Oh Wandy, I need you to get give a homer."

Stupid pesky Astros can I enjoy a lead for more than an inning.

Oh wait Joe Crede will take care of that. Excuse me Mr. Crede are you channeling Greg Nettles or is it Brooks Robinson.

This Traveras character is going to be a problem.

Fox 11 out for some hard hitting fluff. Can't complain if it was not for them I would not be here watching. Downside, they put this mug on TV. There is "great" shot of me being all Rainman watching the game.

Jose is not sharp, but this tells me how good he has only allowed 3 runs and I think it was a "rough" outing. But he has been walking the wire.

Speaking of walking the wire how about the 8th Inning. Good to see that our bullpen is alive and well. Bad hair, but great pitching Mr. Cotts. I am so glad they found him a role and he has taken to it. I would have hated to see him go the way of Scott Ruffcorn.

Mrs. Boski's unwavering optimisim for the Sox.

Note to Bill Stoneman, thank you. I know he is not an Angel both on and off the field, but thank you for giving up on Mr. Jenks.

How about the fat man, he can bring it. 3 K in four batters. Tonight you stuck a blow for all the fat pitchers: Terry Forster (Former White Sox) LaMarr Hoyt (another), Rick Rueschel (Bo Jackson Homer is just about to land from the 89 All-Star Game), El Guapo, Charlie Kerfeld and Ferando Valenzuela.

Out number three and Sox win. We hooped and hollered. As retarded as it is everyone was high fiving everyone. Then mugged for the camera and then sat back and savored the win. Note Mr. Taylor, a very nice man took the time to talk baseball with Team Boski.

Then we hoped back into the car and ventured to a shindig at St. Martin of Tours for our Northern Ireland friends. They were being hosted to a Western hootinany, with line dancing. Again I thank the White Sox for making it to the World Series, it helped me avoid most of that. We got there at the end and hung out till it was time to scatter. So we weary folk from O.C. went back and crashed to end a wonderful lovely day. Even if the Sox had lost it would have been a very good day, okay just a good day. It was great to do something that makes me feel less of a bum and that will help someone.

Up next. . . Sunday , Sunday, Sunday!

0 comments: