Powered By Blogger

Well I did say I was going to do this but it's going to be half assed, like most of what you find here. Well what about 2005? It was the best of times and it was the so - so of times (That was Dickens first attempt. Well I will say seeing the White Sox finally grab the brass ring was the tops. While not being employed full time for anyone was a refreshing kick in the nuts, that and parts of HFH trip to Kauai.

So where to begin.

Blogging -

Good

- I think I have improved the blogging. I have tried to take out the Victor Hugo long- wilderness.

- Meeting some awesome bloggers for drinks in L.A.

Bad

- I am still the one writing it. I am trying to find someone with better writing chops and life experiences than myself. It will really help get this blog off the ground. Thank god, I do not have to handwrite this. Trust me, my penmanship looks like a seismic graph and it constantly at 3.2 tp 3.4 on the Ricther Scale.


Travel - I actually made a couple of trips out of the Coastal Table in 2005.

San Diego for the BH birthday, enjoyed great Mexican Food and drink, while staying at the worst LaQuinta Inn, in America.

Atlanta - A short trip to the "dirty south" for a HFH meeting. It was my first "business trip" from Kenner. Drank Coke from it's natural spring and was almost eaten by a polar bear.

Kauai - 10 days in a garden paradise building homes, meeting some fantastic people and
seeing spectacular sites. But it came at a price. Some of our group, fantastic great people,
but there were some who I wish never to see again. If you ever speak to me in person I
could tell you more.

Las Vegas - the BH's birthday gift to me that was so awesome it finishes a respectable second to the Sox winning it all this year.

2006 - It will be a return engagement to Northern Ireland with a side trip to Dublin for HFH. Then when we are done a couple of days in London.

Music/TV/Movies

Bad

- Lost all the music I had stol . . . er procured thanks to a crapy hard drive from Fry's.

- The number of entertainment shows is still growing.

- Ryan Seacrest still walks the earth.

- NBC's bastardization of the Office, what you didn't screw the pooch enough on Coupling?

- The bitter end of Arrested Development - which was a more real look at the OC than the OC.


The Bad that will not apologize for

Andy Milanokis - I am sorry everyone, but I love it even though everyone hates it. Okay begging your mocking.

Good

- I-pod - I know understand.

- Recovery of some of the lost music. Thanks to the Red Head IT man.

- BBC America for another year of bringing me great programs. Wire In the Blood, Waking the Dead, Little Britain, The Night Detective and most importantly The Mighty Boosh.

- Snoop Dogg in concert, Yes I said that. Love him or hate him. He puts on a show. He was the last act Summer Jam and the man played for over 2 hours with a full band and shit load of special guest.

LCD Soundsystem - Saw them at the Mouse of Blues for free and they were great.

(Look, I am all over the board musically so please bear with me.)


The World and the dumb bastards running it.

I do not think I could have a good section as long as Enos is still president.

Sports

Good

The Ice Cream Fantastic Journey of the White Sox

UCLA Football - hopefully we will actually be able to saty within 35 of USC.

Did I mention the White Sox

Mike Shanahan's greatest coaching job - Look Jake Plummer threw 7 Int's all year. He made the Cleveland Boatlift work. He nearly had 2 1,00 yard rushers and he the rookie DB's have played way above expectations. Give Coach of the Year to Lovie Smith, but give Shanahan the Nobel. Jake Plummer only 7 Ints.


Getting Hockey back

Northern Ireland beating England in Belfast for the first time in 78 years

I finally won a NCAA pool

Saw Vince Young go crazy and show that he was a man amongst boys as he beat, Michigan. Okay I was there a year early, but a great game anyway.

Bad

The Broncos getting the bejezus beaten out of them by the Colts.

The Broncos select "Maurice Clarett"

The loss of Indoor Lacrosse. Yes another one of my vices.

UCLA getting the wrong end of a broom handle in an uncomfortable place by USC.

Ireland not making the World Cup



Well kids that is all I have for you on the year that was. Hopefully 2006 will be year of better blogging.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: After 2 failed drug tests Englebert Humperdink was disqualified and the Mandrel Sisters Family New Year and Ultimate Fighting Championship was won by Charo.


5 comments:

Eric XXL said...

I concur, though I'll admit to having warmed to the Americanized Office. Not as good as the original, but hell it's scripted entertainment not aimed at teenager.

MMA Media Advantage said...

I think Charo should have paid her dues on gone through the Ultimate Fighter reality show before getting a shot at the UFC title but what do I know...

GoodTimesDad said...

No way man, the American Office rules! You're crazy, but then again, what else would one expect from a Man U fan.

Okay, that's all I got.

Boski93 said...

I think I am just too attached to the orginal and we are still 14 points above City. Sadly though we are 16 behind Chelsea. Doh!

Anonymous said...

nice, cozy place you got here :)..