Powered By Blogger

Friday night the Better Half and I went to dinner with my sister and brother in law. They were taking us out to treat the Better Half for her birthday and since she could not find a kennel I had to come along. My brother in laws work owed him big time for the work he had done for them so they gave him. So they gave him a dinner for four at Disneyland. Okay I can see your eyes rolling, but at the park there is a little place called Club 33. Now I know that may not mean to most of you, but as someone who put in 5 years at the Mouse House. I could go into that but all of you have lives so I will save that for future post. So many tales to bore you with. This makes going to Club 33 has a special, for this idiot. It is an a members only restaurant in New Orleans Square. The price of member ship is very steep and there is a waiting list that is not as bad as waiting for Packers seasons, but long enough.

It is the only spot where you can buy alcohol at Dinseyland. And it is the sight where Margaret Trudeau beat Ernie Shavers in 10 rounds in 1975, during a non title fight.

The restaurant was created out of space of Walt's apartments he had at the park. No, they do not keep Walt's frozen head up there. That is just ridiculous, they have it out in a freezer behind Pirates and Jungle. Oh sure they label it as a freezer for Outdoor Vending, but I was never fooled.

It was something I always wanted to do. I had been up there once, but it was for a castmember event where you could go and see some of the inner working of some of the attractions and other interesting items. We arrived for an 8:00PM dinner in the cold and wet. Apparently Winter broke out here in Southern California for a couple of days or as the rest of you would call early spring weather. We rang the buzzer and we were let in to the foray. Rode up the antique elevator and to the main dining area, where we put on our robes and performed the customary Masonary Blood Rituals. After a quick washup we were shown our seats. We had a delightful dinner, not the best meal I have ever had, but very good. Got to to enjoy watching the Fantasmic Show on the Rivers of America, where I thought back on those salad days where I would be on the bow of the Columbia doing the Icky Shuffle during the show. The meal was not worth what it cost, but hey it was on someone else's dime. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I was not so worried I was going to get the bums rush and forced to work closing at the Jungle Cruise.

So I have scratched that one off. Next up, working on putting on an off, off, off Broadway show of Webster, but have it performed by cougars.

3 comments:

GoodTimesDad said...

Wow, what a story. I don't know what to say.

Where will you find a cougar who could pronounce "Papadapolis?"

Kevin said...

Being a current cast member myself (side tangent: "cast member?" That seems like it should be the title for the people who work in the character costumes, not for EVERYONE who works for the company... I mean, Bob Iger and John Stossal (sp?) are technically cast members as well...) - where was I? Oh, right, being a cast member myself, I'm jealous.

Boski93 said...

BMman - We found one in Colorado, he was about to maul a camper, but we talked him down and got him to read for the part. I promise you, he will be a star.

Kevin - I think if they are going to have everyone be a cast member they should make those mucky mucks do a custodial shift, or even guest control. But they wont. Bastards, all of them.