Powered By Blogger

Well I like to tell myself that, but I have been trying to get a lot done and achieving little. So much to talk about. I have been trying to bury my head in the sports pages, because looking at the papers and see how well President Douche is doing is as depressing as being a Marlins season ticket holder.

George, Dick or whoever is charge, thanks for making things even worse. You have started a civil war and allowed the two other members of the Axis of Evil to get stronger and put this country and other in harms way, both militarily and economically. So how is Healthcare and Social Secuirty coming along? (Sound of crickets) Thats what I thougth. Well I do feel better about not having kids. I look at the future and all I can see is that they are so screwed.

So what is your plan George, replace idiots at the White House with other morons. How about trying to actully do your job or outsource it to some one who can.

Man, I definitely need to go kick the ass of my college advisor. I should have inquired about changing my major to failing upwards, because look what it has done for Bush. God wouldn't it be so nice at times to be that dumb, so that nothing ever bothers you.

I think when the elections comes the Dems just need to pull out a Republican Classic. "Are you better off today than you were six years ago?" I think that thanks to the Maddness of King George that it will also work in 2008.

But I have trying to stay in the opium den of Sports, with mixed results.

The Sox continue to kick some ass and take names. Caught then when they came into town. Saw the last two games of their weekend sweep. It is fun, but I think it is getting harder and harder to sit and watch the games. I get all Rain-Man rock back and forth for three hours and I do not get the joy I should being at the stadium. But it is sure as hell better than watching them get clubbed, or blow a big lead. So at this rate, I think I am moving closer to a nice padded room.

The Draft, I have been going all Mel Kiper the last few weeks. I have been pouring through my volumes of draft info. I am still trying to figure out if this was a good or bad draft for the Broncos and the rest of the NFL. I did have a moment where my wife may have thought that marrying me may have been an error. I got into a tizzy when I learned that both ESPN and the NFL Network where covering the draft. To which I whined, "I need a second TV to watch both, I feel I missing something". I am not well.

The Lakers, just when it looks like they have figured it out they soil them selves. They had Game 6 won, and let it slip through. So it back to Phoenix for Game 7, which has a good undercard. I will take Kobe in 10 rounds, but I think the Suns win. Ending the possibility of a Lakers/Clipper matchup. Which is a really telling sign that the world was coming to an end, because the Clips would be favored.

Hockey - Thankfully I was spared the Kings flame out. I am going to put it all on Roenick. You pissed off Slappar and brought us the bad mojo. This team should have been in the playoffs. And maybe even won a round. Since the top four seeds in the West were bounced. Which makes me think that the regular season is not very meaningful. I have tried to watch, but it hurts to not see the Kings and Lucky playing. He did not deserve that, he was Mr. King. Sadly I have to be happy he won a title with Detroit. Oh I hate saying that. Thankfully the Oilers made me feel a little better by beating them. Add that the Ducks are still in just make things worse. Well this just means I have to look to Buffalo to root for since I know two lads who are trying to will them to Lord Stanleys Cup. I am planning to help the cause by trying to find Brett Hull and break that toe that caused the people Buffalo such agony.

Soccer - Well we will live through another year of having to hear Chelsea crow. I thought the Reds would have put up a fight to make a statement, but they didn't. With Rooney getting hurt it looks like this will be another World Cup the English are going to suffer through. The English have turned this into a art. It seems that they are losing players to foot injuries left and right. Right now I like Argentina. I think Brazil can be had if it is forced to play D, but then do you have to play D when you have Ronaldinho.

Thanks for listening, next up the "Rip Taylor Power Hour"

0 comments: