Powered By Blogger

I am still alive, but I did vote multiple times for the All-Star Game.

Got home last night from our weekend trip to the home of the World Series Champs.

It was an amazing weekend. A weekend that came within a botched double play from being off the freaking charts. It was almost like Ice Cube "Damn it was a Good Day"

(The photos are coming later this week.)

I really love what they have done with the Cell. It is a nice place to watch a game, but then I am Sox fan.

This weekend, was in a weird way kind of like me getting my world series ring from the club.

Here are a couple of the high points:

I really love what the Sox have done with the Cell. It is a nice place to watch a game, but then I may be very biased in my opinion.

Snapping a photo with the World Series Trophy (All I need now is the Stanley Cup and I will have the four majors)

Watching the Cubs lose Friday

dropping some coin to acquire more Sox Gear

Our wonderful host holding a bitchen tailgate on Sunday. These guys did not mess around. The scary thing is that they sad this was nothing. Come back during football. I will say that carne asada, beer and shots of Patron is the breakfast of championship 11AM. I almost had enough tequila to forget how cold it was.

Loved the throwbacks the Sox wore on Sunday. Wish the Cubs would have done the same, but then they are bastards.

Watching Tad go yard after the 15 minutes of "Hell at the Cell". The funniest thing about the brawl was a picture we took of Brian Anderson before the game. When you see it, it will make sense. Well it was nice to see Brian hitting something.

Hearing Nancy Faust on the Organ and being able to sing "Hey, Hey Goodbye" in person.

Seeing the Cubs get beat on Saturday.

The bootleg shirts. Some of the shirts would make a trucker blush. But the next time I go I am so going to get myself the "SoxSide Irish" shirt. I also should have gotten the very cliched "Ozzie is My Homeboy" Shirt

The only low points of series was seeing the Cubs win Sunday, that rubbed me as wrong a the Cubunie , I mean the Tribune the nice people who own the Cubs, running Barrrett's sucker punch on the front page.

All in all it was so amazing to be watching a game where the majority of the fans are on your side and looking up and seeing that last October was not a paint fumed induced dream.

Even without the sweep the city's Sox fans are coming out of the shadows to remind everyone that there are two teams in this town. The village is growing, from village to city state and now we are nearing the size of Luxembourg. Next up Estonia-sized White Sox Nation!

Thank you for indulging me and my ramblings about this team.

P.S. for those who think I have become a White Sox optimist. Fear not I am scared that this team has holes in the bullpen. Also this team needs to play a little more little ball. And I have some questions about what's next:

Do we deal McCarthy to get some help for the 7th and 8th, if things don't straighten out?

Will Hermanson come back?

How long to we wait on Anderson to hit?

and so on and so on.

0 comments: