Powered By Blogger

Sorry I had just heard a Neil Young song. The weekend was great, well except for the ants and Bobby Jenks channeling Billy Koch on Sunday.

Friday night had a wonderful evening. The wife and I saw Clerks and really enjoyed it. But then I enjoyed Mallrats so my taste is up for debate. After the film we stepped out into the mugginess of the night and worked to avoid all the teens with too much disposable income getting in my way. We then enjoyed a pleasant dinner a Wahoo's well almost pleasant. The young child sitting next to us felt like hitting some ear piercing octaves. I enjoyed a nice meal while trying to see if I could see This man and his wife enjoying their night at Fenway. Then I find out that Sox actually got off the mat and won a game they had no business winning thanks to Ross GLLLOOOOAAADDD!

Saturday enjoyed a nice restful day around the compound and then we took in The Rollins Band and X and they kicked ass. The only problem I had is with my stupid goddamn city. Oh no one can play after 10:30 at the amphitheater, but the fair can go on till midnight with all of it's noise. I know who is and is not getting my vote. There are at least four mfer's not getting my vote. You know who you are you reactionary, xenophobic, homophobic, Habitat for Humanity hating crapballs. But there was at least one city council member there and it is good to see an elected official rocking to Henry Rollins. But they slipped out before the wife and I could bitch about X having to end early. I did not get Fourth of July and Burning House of Love.

Henry did not disappoint, I wish I could be 1/100 as cool as Henry and 1/100 a ripped as the dude. This man could go out do a set and then go back stage and throw up 315 about 15 times. Let's say California would have been more than covered for power if it was hooked up to Henry than the power grid.

X did a great set. You forget how many of their song you remember. They sounded good, as for their looks. I am going to say that Exene Cervenka looked like she has done some hard living. She looked more like Eileen Brennen.

Sunday spent the day checking out a farmers market that could have been held in a phone booth, fighting ants, cursing the Sox blowing a game in the 9th, and reading. The ants have decided to try to storm the house. I ant that the ants can't take a page from the grasshopper and just be lazy and stop trying to find new ways into the house. The hot weather and the work that was done in the yard have riled them up. As for the yards, they look a lot better now and it is worth having the ants riled up for it. We got someone to come out and help sheer our shame into a more manageable situation.

One last note on the Fair. It ended Sunday with a touching ceremony. The carneys extinguished the Carney flame. Think of the Olympics, but it just a grease fire behind the funnel cake shack. They extinguished it by using a hobo to beat the flames out. It brought a tear to everyone's eye. I think it may been due to the fumes coming off the hobo. But the Fair has ended and now things can go back to being quiet in the CM. Well at least till Arbor Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am sorry I do not know where that came from.

So I can say it was a nice weekend

5 comments:

Eric XXL said...

Hank rocks! I wanted to see this show, but alas it doesn't make it's way through my neck of the woods

MMA Media Advantage said...

That poor hobo! They really need some kind of a union.

Boski93 said...

Well life has been tough for the hobo since their failed attempt to over throw the government in 1937, well that is what John Hodgman tells me.

Kevin said...

Rollins and X? You son of a bitch! I just listened to some X songs yesterday. I need to pay attention to what goes on around LA more often. What a sweet couple of performances!

Boski93 said...

It was sweet. Best $40, me and the wife have spent in awhile.