Powered By Blogger

And I was one of those bastards watching it on Sunday. Yes the time is soon approaching for football and if the Sox have not gone belly up I will be very busy trying to focus on them and football. It damn near killed me, but so worth it and I would do it again.

But is also time for Fantasy Football. I have one team that I have had over the past 5 years and I have done poorly. My team is named "In Faud We Trust" for my undying respect for the first Kicker I ever had in a real roto league, Faud Rivez. In Faud We Trust has had a it's downs and downs. So this year I plan to try to break the curse and see what it is like on the nice side of .500 so I am changing my teams name.

"Are You There Faud? It's Me Boski"

I know it won't fit on a helmet but I think it will do the job.

As you can see if I could now draft players with the same skill I use to craft comedy I may have chance. But then I have seen some of my "comedy" and I could be looking at being winless.

Other weekend notes.

Saturday after watching Javy Vasquez do what the White Sox pay him to do. We shuffled down to Long Beach and took in the Pike. It is the entertainment complex in downtown Long Beach, by the Aquarium and the Convention Center. It was nice. Sure it is one of the new master planned fun centers, but it was not too bad.

I am glad they are doing more with that area. We forget that it is there and close to us, unlike spots in L.A. We met friends at an Irish Pub. It was for some gathering that we were just tagging along for. It was nothing earth shattering, but there were some people there at the event who were the types that you do not want to make the mistake of getting into a conversation with. The kind that usually ends with you having to say something like, "Oh look at the time, I have to go mail ham to the Mir Space Station." One of those characters was an Irish gentleman who does the Ren Fairs. Nothing wrong with that, but he brought his own pewter mug with him to drink with along with his laptop to show his pictures of the Ren Fair. The kind of person that makes me think, "maybe the British were not tough enough on Ireland." I know that is awful, but that is how I felt folks.

Sunday was a nice morning to grab some breakfast before trying to clean up part of the garage (which is a project that will be at least another 25 years before completion). We went to a place not too far from the compound. Had a wonderful breakfast, but I did have one problem. Why do people bring their hyper yip-yip rat dogs to a place with a lot of people and noise and leave the dog unattended. For about seven minutes this dog was going on and on at a very loud level. I told my wife that I would take the sound of a screaming baby to try to temper the dogs rantings. Look I love dogs, well real dogs not this rat dogs. Smallest dog I will take is a Schipperke that is it. Other than that you have to be the size of beagle or bigger to hang. Hey I am glad you are taking the time to be with your dog, but come on. The rest of us would like to enjoy our meals without hearing your dog go apeshit while you are getting your meal.

2 comments:

Silliyak said...

I know the trade dead line is past, but could we just GIVE you Armando Benitez? PLEASE!

Boski93 said...

No, we will not take that 6 fingered freak. Sure he can throw in the high 90's, but it has no movement. So hitters just crush the bejesus out of it.