Powered By Blogger

So it a now the one year anniversary of Katrina and it looks like things still suck. I just shake my head and think how things in Beirut and Southern Lebanon will get rebuilt quicker and better than things in New Orleans. I am in no way a supporter of Hezbollah, it mission, and how it wants to achieve it goals. But it makes me crazy that it seem that they are better organized for rebuilding of Lebanon then the US has for the Gulf (Yes I know two different situations, but we are talking about the displacement of many). Hearing about Hezbollah members out immediately after the cease fire and getting cash in the hands to those displaced and trying to work on clearing rubble. Sure the money is from Iran and Syria. Again a-holes who I am not found of, and in that I mean the governments not the people to help entrench them into Lebanon and that it will make the possibilities of another conflict greater. But how can a terrorist organization be better organized than this country? Mr. Bush please answer me that. How can we have a major metropolitan area and a large areas in the Gulf region with people still living in tents, with unreliable utilities and and areas that are still uninhabitible. That is simply inexcusable. Yes I know the mess made by Katrina would not be cleaned up in a weekend, but what has happened, or lack of what happened is just wrong.

But then it makes me think why do we allow ourselves to let the government disappoint us. We live in a country that seem more interesting in Gary Numan . . . er I mean Jon Mark Karr, than what is going on in this country and the world. Who surprise, surprise is innocent. His only crime is that he is bat shit crazy.


And if that is what people are more interested in, then we get what deserve.

2 comments:

Totsie said...

Ugh, you know I've got to listen to that song right now don't you?

Boski93 said...

I am right there with you Tot.