Powered By Blogger

I heard a rumor that the baseball playoffs are starting today. That's funny I thought baseball season ended back in May, some players strike or something. The White Sox were is first, so it is a shame that they didn't get a chance to defend their title.

Oh I see that is not working on all of you. This season was bizarre, maddening, joyful and high in disappointment. Let us say this year if the 2006 White Sox were an action film. Most of us White Sox fans had visions of this being a Tony Scott/William Fredikin/James Cameron production. But the season ended up being a Jerry Bruckhimer/ Michael Bay wonder bit of crap called Pearl Harbor. Just like the film (but in reserve) there were some great sequences, good pitching, lots of long ball of D, but sadly the rest of season was like most of Pearl Harbor. Star power wandering around under achieving and the good guys got their asses handed to them.

Even with me be as mad as I am with this team, and how they played down the stretch. Meaning no playoff goodness. I do have to shake myself and remember that I have seen this team win a title, without the use of a time machine. So I will just have to sit and reflect on good times, along with the joy of knowing that the Cubs had another crappy season. So when spring rolls around, Team Boski will travel east to Arizona and catch some spring training. So we can be ready to see the 2007 White Sox - Refreshed, Relaxed and Ready to exact revenge. REVENGE I SAY!!!!!!!!!

Oh as for this October. Here are my quick picks

AL

Oakland over Minnesota - Yes, I am enjoying my crow as I root for the Big Hurt. Have I mentioned I hate the Twins?

New York over Detroit - That thud you heard was the Tigers hopes of getting to the World Series. The Cardinals have more momentum going into the playoffs. The Yanks will beat the Pitty Kittys into submission.

NL

San Diego over St. Louis - Botchy gets the job done year after year, considering he never really has the best talent. As for the Redbirds, next to the Tigers could a team look any worse getting into the playoffs. Please enjoy San Diego, it is beautiful. In fact, just cancel game 3, and save yourself the shame.

Mets over Dodgers - Dodgers streakiest team in the MLB, right now they are on the up swing, not enough arms to get though. Their offense will need to keep up with the Mets bats, they will but not enough. The Mets have not looked sharp, but in the NL you just need a pulse to be a playoff team. So they will win a close series.

New York over Oakland - Yankees will get their bats going enough that people will forget they just don't have the arms they used to. The A's will put up some fight, but only after falling down 3 - 0. I hate typing that, but the Yanks are the best team in AL. Even if the Twins made it through. Santana can't pitch every game. In October, good teams don't lose to rookies named Boof.

New York over San Diego - This will be another entertaining series, where the team I want to see win doesn't.

World Series

Which leads me to what I did not want to see, another Subway Series. Hey New York enjoy the Series, because I will not. I don't need to hear about it. I will be over in the football section.

Yankees beat the Mets 4 - 1

Alright, I am out of here.

0 comments: