Powered By Blogger

Yes it is that time year, when the air is filled with basketballs, people get sick, and those TPX Reports are not getting done for the next two days. It is March, and it is tourney time. I love the NCAA tournament, I just wish I loved college hoops more. Oh I used to love it back in the day, but it just does not have the same luster. The only time I can get excited is when it is March. It would help if I could get interested in November so when I filled out my brackets I would know what I am doing. Right now I know just enough to get myself shamed and humiliated.

Tomorrow I feel I am not getting a lot of work done since I will be at my desk refreshing the scoreboard every 30 seconds, trying to will some multi-directional-terror squad to victory. After work, I will be joining the Better Half ,who will be spending her day watching hoops. The part that has me jelious is that she can say it for business. So I will be enjoying the late games on someone else dime.

As for Friday, I will not be chained to a desk, no I have some more important to deal with.

Vegas!


This weekend is weekend that my friends are holding their fantasy baseball draft. This is the first year in forever that I will actually be at the draft. So I can screw things up personally. I am so amped for this, I know it may be packed because on top of March Madness, it is St. Patrick's Day (Boski's favorite holiday). But it has been so long since me and my friends have been able to hang out like this.



when I go all Seamus X and try to bust up the food court because I think they are in cahoots with Cromwell.

But I am hoping to return with at least my dignity and hopefully a fantasy baseball team that will not be eliminated before spring training ends.

As I said there are ominous signs that this trip could be a burnout:

March Madness, everyone and their mothers are there trying to will Old Dominion to cover. Fun to watch but if it is like the Super Bowl you are screwed if you are trying to find a seat in the book. Also if you don't have you bet down on a game like 12 hours before, you maybe screwed.

St. Patrick's Day - Let's see Vegas + St. Patrick's Day = Boozeapoluza. It may be ugly but not NBA All-Star Weekend bad.

Accommodations - I am not sure where I am staying. Along with we may be crammed all together in a room. Which was fun in college when put together everyone had about $38 for the whole trip, but not so much.

Lastly I get arrested out side of O'Sheas



Because I go all Seamus X and try to bust up food court because I think they are in cahoots with Cromwell. Yelling something about avenging the Battle of Boyne.

But I do have one thing on my side. I was reminded by both my Mom and one of my sisters this weekend as we celebrated the Better Half's B-Day (Bounce house and sheet cake, it rocked)
that the last Boski to be in Vegas on St. Pats was my dad and that was the one and only time he took those bastards to town.

Where he came home he came home with loot. One of the items was one those kick ass turntable/stereo in a cabinet, very 60's and very fly. Hell I wished I still had that thing. He also kitted himself up with some wonderful yellow slacks and matching shirt, with the lucre. I know he had to have been rocking it, since he was living large. Oh I wish I could have seen it.

So I hope to do the same.

So if I get too excited tomorrow watching hoops I wanted to at least let give you an explanation if you do not hear from me for weeks or months.

Now sit back and enjoy "Dramatic Shakesphere Readings by Rusty the Bailiff"

2 comments:

Silliyak said...

God speed young man, go forth and make us proud...or at least not ashamed to blog with you.

Boski93 said...

I will make my millions on Keno, I am already spending the money now!