Powered By Blogger

I am trying to come back down from the emotional roller coaster that was the Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Contest. What an epic display by those gastrointestinal gladiators. It is a moment of such historical proportions that years down the road we all remember with crystal clarity where we all where.



I was sitting in air conditioned blissed at the Caliente Tropics Palm Springs Resort.





Had a good time just lounging at the pool and vegging in the room over the 4th and 5th.

Like the Thrilla in Manila or the Brawl in Montreal, this Choleric Clash at Coney is the stuff of dreams, or nightmares. So Mr. Chestnut joins a 1,500 pound bear in a very exclusive club, but not a Club Sandwich, since it would be eaten. They are the only two beings to beat Kobayashi in open competition.


Sadly I was pulling for Kobayashi, yes I am an awful American, must be because I do not support Bush. Hey I thought this could be his last time and I wanted to see him go out like Jordan part II. Pushing off Chestnut like he was Bryon Russell and sinking that last dog. But I am happy to see that mustard belt back in the good ol' US of A and that Jimmy did it against the best. I however was not happy to see that reversal of fortune at the end of the contest. EEEEWWWWWWWWW!


But again it was a pleasant holiday trip. That evening we watched a nice little fireworks display. We were smart and instead of spending hours in the heat and amongst the masses. We drove and found a parking lot where a couple of other people had gathered to watch the show. So we got to view it from the comfort our car. We kicked back and cranked up the Classic Rock and enjoyed. Just as the Simpson's showed us that every Airshow has to play "Rock You Like A Hurricane" you must watch firework accompanied by Classic Rock. It does not matter if you like the genre or not, it is law. That's is not only because it's probably in most city, state and federal statutes, but it is also may an empirical law.


Since coming back I have just been plugging along at work. As you can all tell that it has been busy since I have not blogged. Even though it is Friday and I am burnt out I have to make at least a half hearted attempt at working.

0 comments: