Powered By Blogger

Hello good citizens of Earth. Well I am back to bore you with more of the trivialness (is that a word?) of my life. Well it has been a good week. Since last Sunday I have been enjoying my birthday. Which is actually today, but have done my celebrating last weekend and this week. Well I did not do too much, but last Sunday hung with the family for dinner and grief counseling for the Broncos lost. Got a pretty good haul on gifts:

Madden 2005 the Special 15th anniversary Edition - I know it is sad for a grown man to play video games, it was this or heroin. But I am a Madden junkie, I have almost every year of Madden since 93. Hell I even had the original on the PC. God, have I really wasted that much of my life.

Star Wars Trilogy on DVD - I need to have it even though it is not the original, but other than Gredo shooting first, I liked most of the additions Lucas made. But as a side note. I just had a friend burn me the originals on DVD for me. Sweet.

Best Buy Gift Cert - $50 - Not too shabby, do not know what I want to do with it. Get some DVD's or some music. The wife and I may put it toward Sirrus.

The Simpson Season 4 - This may be the best season of the Simpson.

and to close it out, $50 of Del Taco Gift certificates. It is a running joke. It goes back to my day when eating at AM/PM was acceptable. Then I moved on, for a time I was a major contributor to Del Taco. Del Taco is Southern California's alterative to Taco Bell. It serves great Spanglish Food. To say it is Mexican food would be like say the woman who draws the cartoon "Cathy" is in the same league with Rembrandt. It is not the greatest stuff in the world, but it is good enough for me. I still love the Beef and Egg Burrito which is the bomb, the chicken soft taco's and the Coke they serve. I mentioned previously for some reason the Coke their is so much better then any where else. I do not know why, again it may be the heroin they put in it. I am just saying. Next year I am going to ask the family to move up to Wahoo's their is some serious grub.

Enough of that, Wednesday my new department took me to lunch and hooked a brother up. I got a gift cert for the Cheesecake Factory not too bad. But the other item they got me floored me. Business cards. I know it sounds stupid, but I have wanted a business card for so long. It was the last item on Boski's Checklist for becoming an adult:

Get Married
Own a Car
Have a job that does not require a uniform
Become a home owner
Vote
and having a business card.
(Note: I had to remove being called sir out of respect instead of "sir, we are going to ask you to leave". There is no way that is ever going to happen.

Friday - took off from work and went to Disneyland for the day. I love going there during the Holiday's it's just so much nicer. Even after doing my time at the park, I still love going in after Thanksgiving. Went with the wife and a friend of ours who still works for the park. Had a great time. Even got to see the Hairiest Man in the World. I will have to post the picture.

This weekend was quite other than suffering through the Broncos win over Miami. I am glad I did not get to see any of the game because I would have broken something. But they won and may have postponed the inevitable. But a win is a win.

Today, a quiet day at the office. I really did not get a lot done today, but enough. Well I have bored you with my crap, until tomorrow please remember: "It does not matter if the horse is blind, just load the wagon"

0 comments: