Powered By Blogger

The week is crawling to a close. I have been tooling around on the internet for about the last 6 hours. While still looking busy. It has been slow, too slow. I tell them that I have work to do. But I am dragging my feet. I am worried they may pull the plug since they are not working on the project that was the reason for hiring a temp. Or it might mean a longer stay. I do not know. I was not happy to see another Temp agency sending a fax about an HR assistant. Well my boss has gone home, so I should be safe for at least another week.

When I blow this fire trap, it is off to my wife's mom's for dinner. She having us over for my wife's birthday. Since tomorrow we are off to San Diego. Along with Old Town, we may head by Balboa Park, maybe swing by my former employers San Diego office and raze it. The salt the earth it stood so nothing will ever grow. Wait, did I let that slip.

Sunday it time for some lacrossey goodness we will probably get drilled but it will be a pleasant afternoon in Orange County.

In basketball news, I have not had any early symptoms of March madness. I am worried. I used to love the tourney. I still do, but I use to have a better sense of college hoops come March. But like my football picks it never equated to success. I still love being in the pools though even though I have never come close to money. But then there is something comforting watching a whole bracket melt down on Day 2 after an amazing round one where you missed 16 for 16 by 8 points. Come next week I will arm myself with the LA Time Sports section and try to formulate a bracket so brilliant you could see it from space. So that way everyone will see my shame.

It used to be a dream that come tourney time when I was of legal age I would go to Vegas and just soak in the hoops. But now I do not think I would go during the first round. Too crowded and Vegas aint cheap anymore. White Tigers cost money. And protecting Austrian Magician from those tigers is even costlier!

On other Basketball News. The last-place Old Dirty Bastards of the Brookhaven Basketball league are in the process of wheeling and dealing. I have shipped out Jason Kidd and Shaq. With more trades looming. I know how can you trade Kidd or Shaq. Easily, I am in last and I need cheap young talent. I have three other trades pending and maybe one more. So what does this all mean. It means I have a lot of time on my hands at work. But the O.D.B's will be back next year with a core Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Simmons and Dwayne Wade. O.D.B. is for the children!

0 comments: