Powered By Blogger

Just like 83, it does not look pretty but they get it done. Had a good night at the yard even with the $8.50 I paid for a Harp. Sat through a terse 11 Inning pitching duel with the righteous, valiant Defenders of Democracy 2 and Really Good Team with a regionally alienating team name 1. It was an excellent pitchers duel, Buehrle vs. Colon. Both were just cruising along. The amazing thing was that the 11 innings took under 3 hours. Wow I remember a time when any game Pudge use to catch, that 3 hours would get you to about the 7th inning. I thought we were screwed after having a go-ahead run cut down at the plate in the 9th. Then the Angels get Figgins on, move him over. Then Ozzie makes a move I thought was going to blow up in his face. He walks Cabrera to get to Anderson. Sure I see you want left-hander vs. left-hander and now you have a shot at the DP. But Anderson is the one who roped a double down the line in the 6th to tie this game up. But it worked. Buehrle got Anderson to pop up. Then got Rivera to ground out to first, which almost ended in disaster. I did not think Buehrle was going to get there to cover, but he did. All the time I had visions of Figgins scoring to end it. Instead the Sox made the plays and did enough to win. Last years team that game is over in the 9th.

Maybe, just maybe, my optimism is warranted. That we have come to the point were the Fates feel we have suffered enough for 1919. Dare I dream? I am getting to the point were if they let me down this season. I am going to get a cue ball, put it in a sweat sock and beat the bejesus out of all of them.

So again I would like to thank the King of the Desert Hooligans for the ticket and for having to hear me loose my voice.

0 comments: