Powered By Blogger

I am a LA Kings fan and I am happy about, and looking forward to the NHL return. I did miss it and I do enjoy hockey. I am excited to see if the rule changes will make a difference. I want the game to go back to the fastbreak 80's, but not become a joke. I would not say I am expert fan, I know something. I just wished I knew the nuts and bolts better and that I would expand my scope beyond my love of the Kings and hate for the Ducks.

I have been watching hockey since 79. In fact I remember the first game I went to was the Kings vs the Flyers (Kings lost 4-2, this was during their long losing streak to the Flyers). It was the same night of the Chargers - Dolphins epic playoff game.

Boski random note of nothing: The first game and the last Kings game I was at the Forum were against the Flyers. Which was the best finish to game I may personally witness. I watched the Kings score 3 goals in the last 3:15, including the last one at the buzzer, which was a shot from the blue line that clipped Dykuss and beat Hextall on the glove side.

I have to give my brother the credit for bringing me into hockey. That was the great thing about being a Kings fan, you could always get tickets. So my brother and I would go can catch 4 or 5 games a years. We had a good time and during those trips to the Great Western Forum. I got exposure to some great music. My brother busted out Elvis Costello, the Jam, Style Council, The Replacements, Squeeze and many more. Hockey was special since it was a sport that people did not follow until the Great One. Hockey wormed it way up into the top four and thanks to the NBA insistence to make the games boring it got to the top three. But sadly thanks to the lockout has fallenknow in the food chain it behind:

Football
MLB
NBA
English Primer league
Indoor Lacrosse
Aussie Rules Football
Wiffleball
World Strongest Man
billiards

then Hockey

So I am excited again and I know that the NHL will move back up, especially if the Kings do get back into the playoffs and shame and humiliate the Ducks.

P.S. I need to get a job. Why do you ask? Well, Monday I watched the all of the Kings press conference. I am a sad, sad person.

0 comments: