Powered By Blogger
7/26/05

Splitsville

White vs. Red for four games and what did we get? Pink. The Sox split against Boston even though Sunday they thought it would be fun to make things interesting in the ninth. Which makes me think that Marte still is not right. He has no snap on anything and he is still walking way too many lefties. Paging Billy Wagner, paging Billy Wagner, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

I do enjoy watching games on WGN, when the Cubs allow us to be on. They could show a lot more Sox games and it still would not interfere with watching the Cubs lose. But I do forget that I have grown accustomed to the play-by-play. I know that for non Sox fans watching, well more so listening to a White Sox game can be difficult. The Hawk and DJ are homers in every sense of the word and I will not lie to you. Also I can understand how the Hawk's abuse of the lexicon can be grating. With items like "duck snort" and "you can put it on the board, Yes!" I can understand the hate. I think it stems from all the years the Hawk has done White Sox games, which could make you go crazy. Well he may have been crazy before that. Look the man called himself the "Hawk". Let us also not forget his failed attempt at being the GM. Hey lets move Fisk to LF, and so on so on. But he loves this team. I see him as a crazy uncle who you tolerate but know that one day he will show up out of nowhere and save you from 134 Mexican federalism at a Nogales firework shop. Actually the homerism has been toned down over the years. Ever since they replaced Tom Paciorek with Darrin Jackson. Oh Wimpy and the Hawk those were the homer salad days. I miss wimpy, but I like DJ he gave a great year in 94 in RF and also taught me a very valuable lesson. Do not eat Italian food in Yuma.

So sit back and enjoy the Greg Luzinski Dance Hour.

2 comments:

Eric XXL said...

As every non Sox fan can attest to, there is a special place in Hell reserved for Ken Harrelson

Boski93 said...

He will be bunking with Tito Landrum.