Powered By Blogger

What did I do on my summer vacation?

Well summer is finally over for me. As I have droned on we finished our trip to Kauai for HFH. Now I will try to give you a Steven Hawking Brief Explanation of the Universe account of your trip. With a lot less high level thinking and some pictures, which mean our president can follow along.

Warning – this blog entry will contain images that you may find disturbing.






If you should come into contact with this man be very aware, he is dangerous when arcane. If you do encounter this person please use anyshinyy object you may have to distract him and then move to a safe location immediately.

Here is Boski's trip to Kauai in 8,000 words or less.

We left on the 11th from beautiful John Wayne Airport and had a nice little flight on Aloha.



After a welcome dinner we got to our new digs for 12 days. The rest of the evening and the next day we got settled in and took a tour of one of the old plantation towns and finished up with a glorious sunset.


Just a glimpse from where we stayed.



A nice look at our statelyaccommodationss.




Here is the shower. Very rustic, but it worked.


This was our man servant Joffery, oh sure he's a gecko, but he did a wonderful job, and we only had to tip him in bugs.

Here is shot of the plantation town.

Here is me asking for directions, I think I got the directions to go to hell.

Then we took in the Kauai Museum, sadly no cameras allowed, so this is it.

Not tooshabbyy.

After that we got down to the work. This was tough but rewarding. We did not get to really work on houses. What our group mostly worked on was building a dust fence which is very important when you build on Kauai. Because here since this was a former volcano the dirt is just chock full of iron, which gives the ground a nice red. With out that fence that dirt goes everywhere and gets on everything.


Hey I at least go to see the ocean everyday.


I do not want to toot our horn, but we did a damn good job. Lets say if the East Germans had us there would still be a wall. No I am here all week folks.


Thatlovelyy red dirt it was everywhere. Oh sure it was pretty to look at but a bitch to remove from your clothes. It got on everything. I know I am going to keep finding red dirt in this house for months. This picture gives you a good sense about the red dirt and how pale I am. Especially when it comes to my feet, which I appear to treat like veal. I have joked here before that even when I do take off my socks it still looks like I have socks on.



No, that has not been doctored those are my feet.


And there was an action shot. The amazing thing is the only thing I hurt on this trip was my pride.


We did work almost 9 of the 12 days, but we did manage time to squeeze in some sites and some activities. But since it is taking meliterallyy days to do this entry since downloading pictures on dial up takesat leastt 20 minutes for a picture at minimum. This time I am notexaggeratingg. We had some nice shots of the island and our activities. Even one of me on a horse looking like I went to school on the short bus. We even have one at a really cool waterfall. Maybe for a another day. Sadly it was not too much further past that point that the digital camera took a dip in the water as we hiked out from that waterfall. But we did get a lot done and saw enough of the island that we want to come back and vacation. Team Boski did even take the time to celebrate it's 7th anniversary early, with a beautiful brunch at the Hyatt.

As I said this trip was great in that we in a small way we were helping people get closer to their homes. We met some great people who will never forget. Sadly, I can not say the trip went totally smoothly. We did have some issues with members of the team. I am not going to say we were perfect team leaders, but if I went into what issues we had, I would have an entry that was longer than a couple of my long winded posts put together. So I will try to stick with what was positive. Now it is time to get focused on Northern Ireland in Â’06.

No Sleep till Crossgar Vegas!

3 comments:

MMA Media Advantage said...

Whoa. I now know what boski93 looks like. Particularly given that you are depicted building a house, you are like ten times as manly as me or Tobin.

Eric XXL said...

Not to sound gay, but my god, you are devastatingly handsome

Boski93 said...

Thank you both, but there is no way I could be as manly as either you BRG or Mr. Tobin.