Powered By Blogger
9/29/05

Finally!






Cutting it a little close guys. What was once a 15 game lead got down to 1 1/2, but thankfully the Sox got themselves off the floor. I would like to take the time and thank the Royals for their comeback win on Sunday and big up to the Devil Rays for going into the Jake and punking the Tribe (Seth McClung and Danny Baez you will always be welcomed here).

The White Sox are going to be playing in October. I love the sound of that.

This season has brought me renewed love for this team, but at the same time it almost destroyed any faith I had in them completely. If this team had blown that lead and failed to make the playoffs. I think that would have been it. I know you saying what kind of fan are you? Well one who would have lost all faith. I have seen too many failures and coming up on the short end. You root for teams with guys like John Cangelosi, Jose DeLeon and Donnie Hill. That will take years off your life.

I just want what the Red Sox had last year and the Angels in '02, a magical postseason run. One that will culminate in me standing at the White Sox Spring training complex in February with a sign saying "thank you". One of those magical couple of weeks that I can always have. One that can't be taken away, to get you through those long, long seasons. The Broncos did it in '97 and I still get the chills thinking about that from time to time.

It will be tough to swallow if this team goes out quickly, but I think they still have me as a fan. A fan who does a shitload of Chicken Little the sky is falling, but still loves this team and hates the Cubs kind of fan.

So as of right now I will seek at least one more term as Mayor of White Sox Village.

2 comments:

MMA Media Advantage said...

Well boski, I'll have to put you temporarily on my enemies list for the next week, but if the Red Sox can't beat the White Sox, I hope the white ones go all the way for your sake.

Eric XXL said...

Go ChiSox! I'm pulling for them and the Astros simply because I hate everyone else (not the Angels, but 1 ring is enough). As long as I don't have to listen to Hawk call the games I can root them on. Win one for Mr. Baines