Powered By Blogger

This post was inspired by a couple things. First Kartina, next was Yahoo, then our up coming trip and "There is a Blog in My Throat". You see the devastation and it hurts, so many lives lost and so many more having their homes destroyed.

I just wanted to trumpet an organization that will working on trying to help rebuild not only homes but hope. So if along with the other wonderful organizations that people have recommended I would also like to give you a link to Habitat for Humanity.

If you already have a cause or two that you are donating to great. Also with gas any donation anyone is making to anyone is an incredibly gracious sacrifice. I am not doing this to guilt or pressure anyone. This is one maybe to look at down the road, because this going to take a long time and people will need homes.

The reason for this is that this is an organization that I truly believe in. To be a volunteer for them is something I am proud of. It is trying to work to give people not only here, but throughout the world a safe, decent, affordable homes.

I also believe in it because they have:

"an open-door policy: All who desire to be a part of this work are welcome, regardless of religious preference or background. Habitat for Humanity has always had a policy of building with people in need regardless of race or religion, and we welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds. "

Thank you for your time, this is just one of my personal issues I get up on the soap box to yell about. Sorry to get preachy. I do not want to ram my thoughts or views down anyone's throats. Unless they you support Astro-Turf then you are just an evil, evil person.

0 comments: