Powered By Blogger

Look I love football just as much as the next guy. Okay I am lying, I love it and you have heard me rant about that on this Farroe Island of a blog. But I was dumbstruck by the current issue of Sports Illustrated. On the cover was a huge splashy headline about tonight's game. I know it is a big game, but it is a regular season game still. Yes it could decide home field down the road, but a regular season game non the less. So Boski why are you squawking? Well I am smidge perturbed that the White Sox are given a silver dollar sized mention in the upper right corner. WTF? 88 years is not good enough for a cover, come on. I really love the extensive 5 pages you gave to it. I have one theory is that they are "saving" the White Sox stuff anyone who wants to get a subscription. Which is piss poor. As mad as I got at the Sporting News for their low opinion of the Sox come playoff time they at least gave the Sox the cover this week.

Are the White Sox that offensive to everyone.? Was this World Series such a shame that we have to sweep it under the rug. The Sox had a great post-season run and was the team I hear everyone pine about. But know its like the lights went on in the club and people are taken aback by what they see. I think the Cubs, Twins and Indians are all behind this?

Look last year the Red Sox swept the World Series and got the cover they were not punished for finishing off the Cards. It was made into a celebration. The White Sox, nope, thanks for coming. I know for Damn sure if the f'ing Cubs won we would be subjected to 24 hours of Cubapoluza. A whole cable channel dedicated to the cable channel dedicated to celebrating the Cubs. Look I should not be bitter, we won. But come on America take some time and savor what just happened. A team that had been label a "loser" finally won. It crawled out of the mire of its inepititude and won, when no one thought they would. It is a great American story no matter where you put, well execpt Cleveland, Minnesota and the Northside of Chicago.

Sorry to rant, but come on 88 years and we can't get a cover.

0 comments: