Powered By Blogger

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. To all the fathers out their who are being fathers, I wish you a belated fathers day.

Sunday I spent some time with my pops. Thinking about all the fathers days and all the gifts I had made or purchased for him. I cringe at the stuff that was made a school. I put the effort into those items. Sadly, I knew by the age of eight, I was an art washout. I am terrible at art, in fact I have a tough time even drawing conclusions. My thoughts also run across all of the Old Spice and Automugs I had gotten him. But when it comes down to the best gift I ever gave him was on June 20, 1993. I took him and my two brothers to a ball game, on me. Thanks to my servitude to the Walt Disney Company I had the cash. Hey, I could pay him back for all the games he took me to. Same for my brothers. I loved watching games with the old man. Talking about strategy and about players he watched growing up. Enjoying a coke and dog. In fact, I still can remember one afternoon game, him trekking all across the Big A to get me a burger. I felt bad about making him miss a couple of innings, but my pops did not care, he was at the yard enjoying a game.

I had the cash to get decent seats, but my Dad talked me into getting some outfield seats. I think my Dad had his reasons for it, which is a long story, that I may get into one day. So we sat and backed in the Sun as the White Sox beat the Angels 11-6. I saw Jorge "Taco" Bell drive hit 2 HR's and in five runs (his last multi HR game of his career).

Even though I forgot sun screen and baked for over three hours to a nice unhealthy red, it was heaven. Being their with my dad and my brothers enjoying a game on my dime. I felt like a real adult. It was something I had being waiting to do for a while. I was looking forward to doing this on a regular basis. But things just don't work out the way you want.

Even though it has been almost 13 years, I still miss him. This is a Father's Day moment that still makes me a little misty eyed.

Just a quick note. I should not forget my mom, who I could fill pages and pages of expressions of thanks. She as been a rock for all of the Boski clan. Which reminds me I need to get to work on her 70th birthday project.

Okay you have heard enough, thanks for stopping by and please enjoy the free taffy.

0 comments: