Powered By Blogger

That was a gutty game on Saturday. Good to see that we did not wilt under pressure. The U.S. got some luck with the own goal, but they deserved to be in that game. They did not back down. Keller, stepped it up and played his ass off. I was impressed by Donovan, he made some decent runs to put pressure on Italy. I would have liked Beasley to use his speed, but then we were down to 9 men, so it was not the time for free lancing. That is the effort we need every night. Now if we can keep everyone on the pitch maybe we can work on scoring goals on our own.

That was one of most poorly officiated game I have witnessed, for both sides. Except for the Italy red card, which was a cheap shot. It was awful. This was not the game you wanted to use to try to convert "Soccer Haters". Definitely not what you would describe as the best the "beautiful game" has to offer.

Again I hope I will be wrong, but I think we will fall short to Ghana, but we have saved face in this tournament.

0 comments: