Powered By Blogger

Title courtesy of Kevin.

Hello everyone, I hope everyone survived their weekends. Before I start a bit of troubling news. Last weekend while in Arizona I destroyed another pair of sunglasses. This makes this the 439th pair of sun glasses that I have either lost or destroyed. This time they were destroyed. The frame snapped breaking them into to. Now if I was a really cool Prussian Junker maybe I could rock the sunglass monocle look. But sadly, rocking a monocle is just not as cool as it use to be.

My weekend was alright.

Friday night I got my caught Bauhaus and Nine Inch Nails at Irvine Meadows. Nice little show, even though Bauhaus only did about 10 seconds of Bela Lagosi is Dead and then stopped. Look I understand that maybe Trent wanted to hit the stage before Tuesday, but I thought it was law that they had to play that song. Oh well I can say I have seen them in. As for Mr. NIN, he puts on an angry, but good show. Kudos to you sir, kudos.

Saturday after a day of sweating and napping at home, we went to Disneyland. A good friend of ours works there, so she got us in to catch the 50th Anniversary Fireworks before they conclude. Not too shabby. I will say that walking into the park at 5 PM just brought back the memories of many a summer slaving and slacking for at the Happy Place locted on Ball Road and Harbor. I can not beieve that this August it will be 10 years of sobriety from the mouse. Oh those were the days. Moments like falling into the jungle river. Doing the Icky Shuffle during the Fantasmic shows. Conning a fellow cast member in keeping a ride closed for a half an hour as I inpersonated a whacked out landscaper. Nearly blinding myself with a pen on a Big Thunder Mountian. Having a stunt bottle broken over my head on my last day. Oh the memories.

Sunday was a quite day of shopping and relaxing. We also enojyed watching Zidane go UFC in the Cup Final. Great idea sir, great idea. It is days like this that the internet shows its worth. That is just the tip of the iceberg (Thanks YTMND.com) I was also sweating out. . . er enjoying the White Sox salvage a win to avoid a totally lost weekend. They had to win it in 19th or Cliff Politte would have gone out in the 20th and served up at least 3 long balls. Again it was Tadahero to the rescue, along with Dye (huge HR in the 9th and a clutch 2B) and McCarthy(4 plus scoreless). Nice jobs gents, we needed. Now as we look to the 2nd half we need to keep pushing to stay with in hailing distance of the Kitty's. It is not going to be an easy second half.

0 comments: