Powered By Blogger

Last night I picked up a pair of sunglasses, because for 842nd time I have either lost or broken a pair. I have long given up and getting a really good pair of sunglasses. I used to have a couple decent pair of Ray-Bans and I lost both. Including the pair I lost with its case while at Cal State commercial. This makes so teniative about getting prescription sunglasses. Oh that will be a pleasant day when those get destroyed or lost.

So I have gone the route of the impulse buy sunglasses from Old Navy and others of that ilk. But I still end up inadvertently abusing them or losing. Why? Why I ask? I need sunglasses, so why do I hate them so. Do I have a deep seeded fear or resentment of sunglasses. Okay there was a time I was abducted by Oakley Razor's in the late 80's.

Right now in my car I have three pairs. One that has one lens missing, which would be great if I had an eye patch. One that is banged up and scratched that I can not wear them too long because the lens scratches end up giving me headaches. The last is my new pair. I just hope the old pairs just keep their mouths shut. If they know what's good for them. I just need to get through September with these glasses. That all I am asking, is that so wrong?

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Maybe the gnomes who stole your watch also screw with your sunglasses?

By the way, the nickname Alexander Auld "Lang Syne" was amazing.

I would have titled this post, "I War With Eyewear"

Boski93 said...

It can't be I signed a peace accord with them 8 years ago, unless . . .

I have to thank the "Schott's Miscellany" for the nickname.

I think your right about the title.