Powered By Blogger

I know that the title really should not fit the topic, but it is what is on my mind.

5 years ago I was running on a treadmill, pondering the Broncos win and what they were going to do with out McCaffery. When I noticed a picture of the World Trade Center. I turned the station on my headphones and listened to the reports of the first crash and people were trying to figure out what happened. Then I watched that second plane hit. I thought it was a small news plane buzzing about trying to get a shot of what happened. But I was wrong and as we all know things spiraled into madness.

I still think about what happened, I try not too. Not that I want to forget all those who perished and all those who went into the breech to try to help their fellow man. Or all the love and support that came from this nation and the world after what happened. All those people and moments of bravery, courage, sacrifice and compassion should never be forgotten. What I want to avoid is the actions the country took afterward. I feel that our government over the last 6 years has done us, and the world a great injustice. I could spend the rest of the month banging out my incoherent rants on how the government has lead us on a path that has made the world a more dangerous place. And how it wraps itself in this tragedy for political gain. I could go on and express my anger on all that has been done over the years, but I will save that for another time.

I do have a serious question for everyone, am I the only one who does not feel comfortable with calling today Patriot Day? To me it just has never sat right and probably will never sit right. I think today more of as Remembrance Day. Today should be a day to reflect on the loss and honor their passing. Also a chance to express our thanks to all those who endangered their own lives to help others. And to express gratitude to all those who opened their hearts to help those in need. Also honoring those who worked to try to clean things us and get us moving again. Today should not be a day to be jingoist. To me those who want us to be "Patriot's" are the one who let us down that day. That swipe was at those sitting in power, whose job it was to protect us. Maybe we should name the day "Firefighters and Police Day" to honor the actions of 9/11 and also all the others who risk their lives everyday to serve their communities. Just a thought.

Today I am going to take some time at the hospital's chapel and say a few prayers.

If I have offended anyone with my comments I would like to apologize. It was not my intention to do so.

I will try to get back to the nonsense.

0 comments: