Powered By Blogger

Was it really 35 years ago on a rainy Monday morning that I showed up?

35 is one of the milestone dates. I don't dread getting older, the only problem I have is just my knees seem to be more like 70, well maybe 75. I think back on 30 and I think wow. 2001, I had just been laid off, second time that year, a week before my birthday. Which was really nice since we were struggling to make the mortgage. So I felt totally lost at the time, and feeling like a complete loser. But I was a loser who could run 3 to 5 miles.

No real festivities today since it is a busy day for me at the old hospital. I have a dumb meeting that I have to attend, which keeps me from fleeing the hospital for lunch. I don't have really anything planned other than dinner with the wife. But Sunday was my time with the family and that is when I so scored (too bad the Broncos didn't Sunday):

Family Guy Season 3 and 4 (Freaking Sweet!)
Chicks Sporting Good Gift Card (Mmmmm UnderArmor)
Del Taco Gift Certificates (A long story)
Madden 07, (A total shock)
An Autographed Champ Bailey Football (Nice!)
2005 White Sox World Series DVD Set (I can and probably will play these over and over again)

God bless their hearts and god bless birthdays close to Christmas.

So add that with Friday at the Park, and that makes for a great weekend.

3 comments:

Silliyak said...

And a Fire Marshall Bill tip of the hat to you sir!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you, Senor!

Boski93 said...

Thank you gentlemen.