Powered By Blogger

Where has the week gone. Well for me the weekend starts at 5. The Better Half is taking me for our annual ditch day to Disneyland. We have been doing this since '99. We still have people who can get us in so we go. In my tour of duty I always liked the park at Christmas time. It was tough to get mad even when guest would yell at me because I would not let their 30 inch child ride a roller coaster with a 40 inch height requirement. Or I didn't even mind when I would try to group French guests on to a train at Big Thunder, where I would ask how many? And they would yell, "We are French!"

So I am going to ride some rides, people watch, and enjoy some time with my wife. And that is how this busy weekend starts

Saturday I must venture up to Malibu. Team Boski is going out for a friend's graduation from Pepperdine. It is our second consecutive Saturday in that part of the world. Last Saturday we enjoyed the beauty of the Getty Villa. Even though I could have had a ticket to see the glorious defeat of the USC Trojans by the Bruins (It looks like USC can still get to Glendale, now they just can get on the 110 to the 5). Being at the Villa was more than worth it. Also I should have known that UCLA was going to win, since one of the rooms was devoted to Iliad and the Odyssey. Stupid Trojans, you lost because you fell for the old wooden horse trick. Everything at the Villa was just amazing. Even though my wish is to one day walk among the real ruins, I can be happy with what I saw. All I can say to all of you is go. Even if you have been to the real thing, go.

Sorry folks that is just the history nerd in me.

As for Sunday, it is up to stately Boski Manor for dinner with the family.

Well I have to get ready to get out of here, so everyone have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I wanna go to Disneyland. It's so freakin' cold here right now that a ditch day would be like "Ok, going to stay home and curl up into a little ball." Not nearly as much fun.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I'm not using that "I'm French" thing enough!

I don't think I could handle Disneyland. First, the animatronics..*shudder*. Second, I don't think Timon would appreciate being sexually molested, by me. Third, the giggliest girl on earth being in the happiest place on earth? I think that may cause a rift in the fabric of time or something.

-Tot

Boski93 said...

Julie - Sorry that it is so cold in NYC. To be truthful it was cold at the park Friday. I think the temps feel into the 50's and there was (gasp) drizzle.

Tot - From what I have seen and heard over the years your actions would not be the "worst" thing to happen to one of the characters.