Powered By Blogger

Those bastards from What If Sports have me hooked on the crack they peddle.

Sure I have dabbled with their game simulator. Hey, I have always wanted to see an epic battle between the 1978 Brewers and the 1937 Pirates. So till I get a time machine, can you tell me a better way?

I thought so.

So I got sucked into a baseball league. Sure they said it was free, but they always say that the first taste free.

I have assembled a team of White Sox greats and not so greats, to play in this simulated league. Think of a geekier version of fantasy baseball. It simulates 3 games a day, against other disturbed individuals like myself.

I am so hooked. When I come in to work, it is the first thing I check. When I get back from lunch. I check. When I am walking out the door I check. I tinker with the roster kicking myself for taking Scott Radinsky circa 1992. Should have sucked it up and got the 1991 model.

I am blaming the 2007 White Sox and their putridity this season for all of this. They have been playing god-awful it hurts to watch. I do not want to totally ditch baseball yet, but since the Sox are floating near the to top of the tank and only about 45% of the football preview mags have been released, I need something to hold me till football.

So in short I need professional help.

0 comments: