Powered By Blogger

I hate to do this to the radio listen audience out there. But part of the reason I am doing this blog is for self indulgent reason. I just want a place I can riff some of my mindless stuff. Right now I feel a list or two coming on. Wait for it....
 
Favorite Athletes :
 
John Elway - Johnny Football. I was spoiled for 15 years getting to watch him. The winnest QB in the NFL and Mr. Bronco. I think he was the best, he won with teams that had not business winning as much as they did. Seeing him win two Super Bowls ended all the years of hearing crap about him and the Bronocs. Oh he's no Montana or Unitis. F$%@, lets see China Doll win with Clint Sampson, Clarance Kay, Micheal Young. I thought so. I am just pissed I never got to see him win in person. The three times I went to see him they lost. One of those loses was the last home win of the Los Angeles Rams. See there is some useless info. I still think they got screwed on the fourth down call, it was a catch. They get that first down they score and beat the Rams. Okay I think it is time to move on or I will be here a while.
 
Harold Baines - Mr. White Sox - my favorite baseball player. A .289 hitter 16 HR's short of 400 and 134 away from 3,000. He was money and I just wish teams would have let him get more at bats his last two year. 3000 would have gotten him into the Hall, but the they would have found away to screw him. Oh he's a DH. Well screw you, throw out Molitor and everyone else who appeared as a DH. That arguement is BS. He was money. I did get to see him play in Chicago, so I feel I got to have a childhood wish come true. I drove my friends nuts with my talk of Harold. he was the only thing the Sox's had in the mid to late 80's. My friends in turn gave me crap about being a White Sox and Baines fan. They all loved the Yankee, Angels and Dodgers.  So I could only get excited around the All-Star Game when he would get recognized. I just wished he pulled the ball more. a 30 HR season here and there would have been good and maybe he would have 400 HR's. But it was great to see him at the All-Star Game Celeb Game in the South American Airline Uni going opposite field. Yeah, I know it was off of Sarah Silverman. But there were a few pitchers he homered off that she could of outpitched. I need to stop or I will talk about his 4-4 performance as and A against Baltimore in 91 (3HR's a Double and a IBB). Which by the way was the record for most total bases by an Athletic until I think Giambi broke it. I will need to check.
 
Vincent Edward Jackson - I am not ashamed to say I was a full fledge member of the cult of Bo Jackson. I am still getting Christmas Cards from Phil Knight for all the Bo Swag I bought in the early nineties. I will only need to say this. He was so good and so amazing that he made me root for the Raiders while he played. I hate the Raiders! Everytime you watched you knew something could happen. I carry his football card along with Oscar Gamble. Got to love the Fro. I just wished he played one full season of Football. He would have gone for 2200 yards. I could spend a day talking about Bo. But that is what ESPN Classic is for. One day when I learn to embed crap I will do them justice.
 
I will try to get back to this list, but if I get sidetracked I will throw out some of my other favs.
 
Tom Jackson - the man who made me a Bronco Fan
 
Frank Thomas - he pisses me off time to time, but I need to remember all he has done and is still doing. Everytime he tried to get out of being great, it keeps pulling him back in!!!
 
Shaq - I love the Desiel, because he is a force on the court and one of the biggest goofs. I am going to miss him. More on that later.
 
Maggilo Ordonez - He has been money and will always be money.
 
Archi Ciafrocco - Big ups to my favorite name in baseball.
 
Stump Mitchell - Why not, lets here it for Stump.
 
The Great One - Thank you for putting LA on the Hockey Map.
 
Well, as I said I may have more when I get back. I have to get out and get stuff done.
 
Sorry for any Grammar Hate Crimes I have committed

0 comments: