Powered By Blogger

Hello everyone! (Short silence, followed by crickets) Well I have spewed out my latest installment of my picks. Speaking of football. I had a life long goal achieved last week. I was paid by the NFL. Yes it is true. I can say that the National Football League has paid me for my services. Okay, so it was $2 and it was for a survey. Look I can add it to my list of lifetime sport achievements. I did receive a football scholarship. Okay it was $500 from the Quarterback Club and it was not for my stellar play. You really can not stand out when you barely play when you are on an 0-10 football team. Still some what proud to say I was on the worst team our school ever produced. Ever. I got it for a real bitchin essay I wrote (I do not know who they read anyone it with all the spelling, grammar and handwriting gaffes) and I think they felt sorry for me. I have also appeared in a Sports illustrated. Too bad it just a small part of my head in our High School's gym as we honored an Olympic Medalist. So I can die a not as sad little man. Well lets get back to the circus that is my football picks.

Coming into this week I was at 28 -16 straight up and 21-20-3 versa the line. Lets see if we did any better.

But first some notes on the games. I did alright during the morning games. I did not expect that the Falcons would get pushed around by the Lions. Let me see, you lose 24 in a row on the road and now you can not be stopped when you leave Detroit. Maybe if Robo Cop would get off his ass. The Vikes and Texans put on a show. I do not know if the Texans just play lights out in the fourth or is the same old Vikings D. The Lions would play better at home. The Colts looks good but that Defense is awful. They have become the Old Denver Nuggets of the NFL. Ron Meeks is being replaced by Doug Moe. They are fun to watch but at some point it will all come crashing down. That Pats win again. It should not count since the Dolphins are 1-AA team. Tampa Bay got off the mat. It must be mid season Brain Griese awakes from his slumber has a little success, but will soon see his shadow and retreat into being awful. (Yes that is a bitter Bronco fan speaking). Der Kommisar has the G-Men at 4-1. Note to Parcells, as great of coach as you are you realize you are putting everything on Vinny. The Steelers have found a QB and there is hope in the AFC North to challenge the ugliness of Raven Football. I have ranted about the Ravens on this virtual bird cage liner that I hate them and I still have issues with Ray and Jamal Lewis and some of their wonderful life choices they have made. I may be a little hard on them. Because who has not covered for friends when someone is killed and has been apart of drug trafficking. But I do begrudging admire that they are great players. Look the Ravens win and you can not argue with that. But god it is tough to watch and what was displayed on Sunday night was just craptasicly bad to watch. Speaking on that game, when does the www.firejoegibbs.com get fired up. Another couple of weeks and we are going to see him cry. There I have said it. Everyone's sheik pick is showing warts. The Jags get rolled by the best uni's in AFL history. Even I have to admit that the Bolts should still be wearing the powder blue. They are now 3-2. This is a suprises when most of the SD columnist had 1-15 projected and even one had them at 0-16. The Jets are now the hip new team everyone is hoping on. This is the NFL dream to have both New York teams playing well. Look the Jets are playing a lot better, but to think they are going to challenge the Pats is a little premature. It is a long season and the Jets have plenty of time to disappoint their fans. I have put the Cardinals on the do not pick list along with the Saints. 16 points in the last 6 minutes. Real good guy, real good. Can someone please step in and help that poor club. They need a break. Two TD's bad, but giving up two TD's and two 2pt conversions that is sick. That says your D is so bad that we got into the end zone four times. This to a bad 49er team. Speaking of collapse how about Holmgren out Martzing Martz. 17 point. Also, I really like throwing the ball late with the Rams having no timeouts. Pure genius. The Broncos again made it interesting. Jake had been playing so well until Peppers went 101 yards in 2 hours. Along with being the longest into return that did not go for a score, but he came close to running out the clock. But Broncos won thanks to Droughns and the D that has only surrendered 3 points in the 4th Quarter. Finally how about those Packers. When did they turn into Marvis Frazier. Classy move Mr. Fisher with the HB pass in the Fourth. Did you have money on the over?

So here is what I had for week 5:

Min @ Hou +4 Min 31 - 24 Min 34 - Hou 28 OT Win - C
Oak @ Ind - 9 Ind 37 - 28 Ind 35 - Oak 14 Win - C
T.B. @ N.O. -3 T.B. 12 - 10 T.B. 20 - N.O. 17 Win - C
Det @ Atl - 7 Atl 24 - 14 Det 17 - Atl 10 Loss
Mia @ N.E. -13 N.E. 24 - 6 N.E. 24 - Mia Win - C
N.Y.G. @ Dal -3.5 N.Y.G. 20 -17 N.Y.G. 26 - 10 Win - C
Cle @ Pit - 6 Pit 23 - 13 Pit 34 - Cle 23 Win - C
Jax @ S.D. +3 Jax 21 - 10 S.D. 34 - Jax 21 Loss
Buf @ N.Y. J. - 7 N.Y.J. 21 -10 N.Y.J. 16 - Buf 14 Win - NC
Ari @ S.F. - 1 Ari 21 - 17 S.F. 31 - Ari 28 OT Loss
Car @ Den - 5.5 Den 20 - 17 Den 20 - Car 17 Win - C (We all get lucky)
St.L @ Sea - 7 Sea 31 - 21 St. L 33 - Sea 27 OT Loss
Bal @ Was Pk Bal 16 - 13 Bal 14 - Was 10 Win - C
Ten @ G.B. - 3 G.B. 30 -24 Ten 48 - G.B. 27 Loss


So, a better week than last, but still room for improvement.

5 Weeks in and it stands:

9-5 this week straight up, which makes it 37 - 21

and

8-6 this week vs the spread, so that is now a lusty 29 - 26 - 3

Well I must get back to the grind. More to come.

0 comments: