Powered By Blogger

I am here at the new job, trying to do the best I can. But it has gone as smoothly as I had hoped. I know that I should not be surprised that I do not have everything mastered in under 2 weeks, but I feel like I flailing and flopping like any movie or TV project that has the name Steven Baldwin attached to it.

I am at that juncture where I am asking myself if I am right person for this position? I am I just being a wuss and scared of a challenge? Or am I going to hate myself and grow my self an nice healthy ulcer?

I took this job to get back in the work force and that this would be a challenge I wanted to take. Breakout of my rut and ask more of myself. So far they have told me that there is a lot to learn and that errors are to be expected, but I think I am making mistakes that are concerning them. I am trying to do everything I can, but when it seems I am progressing. Wham! Here comes a batch of screw ups that my supervisor has to fix and they have enough to worry about as it is. The making mistakes is apart of learning, but learning when it is dealing with sales and people's money then that is another matter. Next week I get thrown to the wolves. I get clients to manage and from what I have done so far filling in on the phones they may eat me alive. I know I am exaggerating a bit, but I have that sense of doom hanging over me (There being overly dramatic again).

The people here are very nice and I should not be surprised that this job is not a snap. Hey they told me this upfront. But my nervousness has jumped a couple rungs, because I do not want to let them down. I also do not want to disappoint the agency that sent me. If I "F" this up, then they will never send me anywhere that requires someone who can control their drooling (which I may be screwed as well).

I think this lunch hour I might be talking to my agency and the BH about my fears. I knew I should have not majored in the Carnival Sciences.

0 comments: