Powered By Blogger



Wha Happened?

that's how I will sum up game 2. You hate to see that happen, but sadly it does. Oh sure I sound calm since it was not my team at the short end. But right now I will take the win, because right now style points don't mean a damn thing. Also I have no shame.

Other than the lack of White Sox hitting, the only that angered me (near the point of Angel fans) was Lou Pinella. I swear Lou you could take just a little more time preparing and less time drinkey, drinkey (Allegedly!). With pearls like,"yeah the Angels want to try to win this in 9 innings." Seriously Lou, they want to win and do it in 9 innings that is Steven Hawkings brilliant. Did you hurt yourself thinking that one up?

Well I will not have to worry about that tonight. I realize that I have to be careful tonight, since I will be in a stadium with 45K rabid fans who are still pissed about game 2. So no airhorns, big foam hats or anything else that screams, "hey look at me I want you scorn." Tonight I am hoping to see a win, but also get out without incident. The mayor does not want to be impeached or impaled. I am someone who looks for trouble and then tells trouble that his manager needs to see him right now and runs far, far away. I just hope tonight I get the polite jabbing, good natured fan etiquette and not the beer dumping (I hope to god that it beer) yell in my face, throw me off the upper deck thunderdome treatment. Look at me I thinking like this is a Raiders game. All I know is if we win, no wild celebration, keep it cool and don't say a thing. Act is if you lost and for the home team. If we lose just keep cool and realize you will have some a-hole run up and yell. Just keep walking. Nothing should happen it Anaheim, but wait I do remember see my share of shenanigans at the Big A.


So tonight its Garland vs. Lackey. I know he won 18 games but I just don't feel totally confident in it. We have to get some early runs and more that means 2.

Last night the BH and I were coming back for seeing LCD Soundsystem. Yeah I know its a school night but the tickets were free and damn it "Daft Punk is Playing at My House". I have not been to too many shows in my life, but I do know a bad venue. The HOB in Anaheim, not a good place to see a show. But we have a good friend who works there so can't trash it too much. They just did not think things out when laying the plans out. But as we were coming home I was getting so nervous as we pass the Big A. Here they are playing on a big stage and I am going to see apart of it, for better or for worse. I had not been this nervous since Super Bowl XXXII when I went down to the S.D. to go to the NFL experience event at Jack Murphy(it will always be the Murph to me), since that will be the closest I get to seeing a Super Bowl.

Well look at the time. I have rambled about 300 words too long.

War Frank Thomas!

0 comments: